Well, Well, Well…Yes I was off for few days and trust me I missed you guys so much!! So, here I come with a Bang!!!
Summers are at their peak, Monsoon is about to knock and while you would be going for swimming, lounging by the pool or your favorite beach flauting your body in a swimsuit, you need to get your lady parts clean and clear!! Also, Monsoon and that chip-chip feeling can also create some unwanted infections in your intimate areas, so bikini wax becomes a must.
Hence, I am sharing 10 most important points for you & your most intimate, BIKINI Wax. I doubt if we were informed about this painful yet magical thing by our Moms, well at least I wasn’t hence the Do’s & Dont’s didn’t really came along. Though we miss those do’s & dont’s, we also end up facing some major challenges and more than a WOW feeling we end up getting a OOUCHHH feeling!
Hence, this summer I decided to break that ice and share most important things you should remember when next time you go for your Bikini Wax.
First Rule: Never Wax 5 Days Before or After Your Periods: Your skin and your lady parts are most sensitive five days before and after your periods, so try & avoid getting a bikini wax during this time period.
2. Numbing Creams..Aren’t even Worth Trying, They Don’t Work: There are a lot of creams that promise numbing of your nether regions, so that it doesn’t hurt as much, but they are a waste of money and just don’t work. A pain reliever a few minutes before the wax, however, might just help.
3. Exfoliate Your Region the Morning of the Wax: Use an organic scrub to exfoliate the region before you opt for the wax. This will help remove the dead skin and prevent in-growths.
4. Conditioning Your Hair is Important: Use your hair conditioner for the hair on your lady bits too. It will make the hair softer, and thus, easier to remove. Besides, softer hair won’t leave behind in-growths either.
5. Workout Before Getting Yourself Waxed: If you workout daily or go for a run, then do it before you get your wax done. Otherwise, when you sweat in that area, there will no hair to absorb it and it may cause infection or redness leading to irritation & itchiness.
6. Wax Three Days Before Swimsuit Day: Redness is bound to occur after your bikini wax. So make sure that you get the wax done at least three days before you are planning to don that sexy swimsuit or bikini to ensure the redness has disappeared.
7. Know What You Want: There are different types of waxes for your lady bits and you need to make sure what it is you actually want. A Brazilian means the whole area is cleaned, whereas a basic bikini or a clean up leaves behind a landing strip. There are different kinds of wax which are used to clean the down under, like the soft wax for thinner hair and the hard wax for thicker hair. So decide which one you want.
8. Waxing After-Care: Make sure you wipe your parts after the wax thoroughly. Also many women suffer from redness after the wax, so apply a zinc-based diaper cream. or Boroline is a recommended cream for Indian skin. Also, remember, do not use any soap/gel/foam etc for atleast 24 hours and later you can clean your area with a mild face wash. Don’t forget to put boroline. Keep that area dry as much as you can for 48 hours.
9. Timing is Very Important: Depending on your growth, you can decide when to get waxed, but it is highly recommended that you wax your lady bits after about three to four weeks. The skin down there is very sensitive and requires time to recover.
And, Most Importantly…
10. Speak up: No matter how good the aesthetician is, she is not a mind reader. Make sure you tell her if you have a problem. If the wax is too hot or the pain is too much, just don’t lie there, speak up.
I have tried sharing maximum information I could think of is important & relevant for you, however I would love to hear from you guys in case there is anything you would like to add or share your experiences…